[lxc-users] Kubernetes support for LXD as CRI container runtime?

Konstantinos Tsakalozos kos.tsakalozos at canonical.com
Mon Jun 12 11:47:19 UTC 2017

Jeff, there is also the virtlet project [1] that allows you to replace
kubelet with anything libvirt can talk to (haven't tested it).

Brian, the IBM presentation at KubeCon talks about deploying Kubernetes on
top of LXD. I think Jeff was asking for the opposite (lxd as a runtime).
Deploying Kubernetes on top of LXD requires a few changes on the lxc
profile. have a look here [2] for those changes as applied by the Canonical
Distribution of Kubernetes.

Cheers,
Konstantinos

[1] https://github.com/Mirantis/virtlet