[lxc-users] Fastest way to copy containers

Ron Kelley rkelleyrtp at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 12:43:47 UTC 2017

Sorry, typo on my part.  Definitely “lxc init” does not show this option.

Thanks again for the pointer!

On Jul 25, 2017, at 8:39 AM, Fajar A. Nugraha <list at fajar.net> wrote:

On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 7:23 PM, Ron Kelley <rkelleyrtp at gmail.com <mailto:rkelleyrtp at gmail.com>> wrote:
Thanks Fajar.

Interesting, I have not seen/used “lxd init” yet.

It's 'lxc init'. 'lxd init' is something entirely different :)

The output of “lxc -h” does not show the init command.  Guess it must be a super-admin command since it is hidden :-)

I recall stephane(?) mention this command a long time ago. Worst-case scenario, 'lxc launch' and 'lxc stop --force' should pretty much do the same thing, since the difference is whether the container is started or not :)

The key point here is 'use the smallest image available'. And then (when it's stopped) overwrite it (or in my case, replace it with send/receive from another dataset)

--
Fajar