[lxc-users] Fastest way to copy containers

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Tue Jul 25 12:39:15 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 7:23 PM, Ron Kelley <rkelleyrtp at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Fajar.
>
> Interesting, I have not seen/used “lxd init” yet.

It's 'lxc init'. 'lxd init' is something entirely different :)

> The output of “lxc -h” does not show the init command.  Guess it must be a
> super-admin command since it is hidden :-)

I recall stephane(?) mention this command a long time ago. Worst-case
scenario, 'lxc launch' and 'lxc stop --force' should pretty much do the
same thing, since the difference is whether the container is started or not
:)

The key point here is 'use the smallest image available'. And then (when
it's stopped) overwrite it (or in my case, replace it with send/receive
from another dataset)

--
Fajar