[lxc-users] LXC, unionfs and short lived containers

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 21:04:17 UTC 2017

Hi,

I'm working on migrating from LXC 1.x to LXC 2.
While doing so I bumped upon the following issue:

My containers are short-lived (say an hour or so).
In LXC 1 we used an overlay filesystem in order to speed up the lxc create.
However I understood LXC 2 does not have this capability.
Any idea how to create containers quickly and efficiently in LXC 2

Complication is that at some times we have a fair amount of containers
alive (say around 50), so creating all containers and reverting to a
snapshot is probably not efficient (apart from the space taken up by the 50
rootfs-es).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions how to tacke this!
Frans