[lxc-users] lxc 2.0.6 breaks lxc-start

Detlef Vollmann dv at vollmann.ch
Thu Jan 5 12:31:28 UTC 2017

On 01/01/17 14:14, Christian Brauner wrote:
> Hm, works for me. I can just start containers fine where the
> configuration file is located somewhere else. Can you please
> append/copy the containers configuration file here and note any
> special tweaks to your setup as well?
Here's my test case:
$ sudo lxc-ls
rlx3-test1 trusty-dev
# note: no 'test' here
$ sudo lxc-start -F -n test -f /images/lxc/test.conf
Error: container test is not defined
$ sudo lxc-create -n test -f /images/lxc/test.conf -t none
$ sudo lxc-ls
rlx3-test1 test       trusty-dev
# no we have 'test'
$ sudo lxc-start -F -n test -f /images/lxc/test.conf
INIT: version 2.88 booting

I.e. without 'lxc-create', 'lxc-start' doesn't work anymore, though it
used to work this way.

The root fs is a pretty minimal Debian (wheezy), the config is simple
and attached.

  Detlef