[lxc-users] zfs issue after 'apt upgrade'

Ingo Baab ib at baab.de
Thu Jan 5 20:19:10 UTC 2017

Hello List,

I got some serious issues with my zfs-file-system, after upgrade of my
ubuntu system.
"lxc list" reports a status of ERROR and if I try to start a container I
get:

root at myrootbox.com / $ lxc start --debug u16

DBUG[01-05|21:07:03] Raw response: {"error":"Failed to run: zfs set
mountpoint=none lxd: umount: /lxd/images: target is busy\n        (In
some cases useful info about processes that\n         use the device is
found by lsof(8) or fuser(1).)\ncannot unmount '/lxd/images': umount
failed","error_code":500,"type":"error"}

error: Failed to run: zfs set mountpoint=none lxd: umount: /lxd/images:
target is busy
         (In some cases useful info about processes that
          use the device is found by lsof(8) or fuser(1).)
cannot unmount '/lxd/images': umount failed

Some more output about my problem you can find at:
https://github.com/lxc/lxd/issues/1990

Help! Any tip or help is highly appriciated!
kind regards,
-Ingo