[lxc-users] LXC Containers and Bridge Networking in Arch Linux

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Thu Jan 5 14:27:56 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 3:27 AM, Saurabh Deshpande <
saurabh.n.deshpande at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am looking to run lxc containers on Arch Linux.
>> Hypothetically this Arch Linux server has a local IP of 10.10.10.120 with
>> Gateway of 10.10.10.250 and DNS Address as 10.10.10.249
>> I would like to have the containers on this servers running on Subnet of
>> 10.20.20.1/24. They should have access to Internet but no one on the
>> Local Lan (10.10.10.1/24) should have direct connectivity to it. The
>> only way these containers can be accessed is via IPTables or via Proxy.

Short version: that's what lxc does by default. At least it does on ubuntu.

I'm not familiar with archlinux, but it should have:
- an init script or systemd unit that creates lxcbr0 (lxc-net?)
- a configuration that defines what lxcbr0 does (/etc/default/lxc-net?
/etc/syconfig/lxc-net?)

Once you find the correct location, simply edit lxcbr0 network (including
gateway and dhcp range) to match what you want.

--
Fajar