[lxc-users] migrated to 2.9 but container gives "error: No storage pool specified"

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Sat Feb 18 20:10:05 UTC 2017

On Sat, Feb 18, 2017 at 08:33:12PM +0100, Sjoerd wrote:
> On 18-02-17 20:18, Stéphane Graber wrote:
> > Copy between varying LXD versions seems to not have been as tested as it
> > should have been... We'll look into this next week and get it sorted out.
> >
> > Until then, assuming your storage pool is called "default" (see "lxc storage list"):
> >
> >      lxc config device set vpn root pool default
> >
> > That should fix the pool issue you got.
>
> Thanks for the quick response, but sadly I get the same error:
> # lxc config device set vpn root pool default
> error: No storage pool specified.

Hmm, that's more annoying than I thought it'd be...
Do you know if your container uses any profile?

If it does, then chances are that you can fix the situation by adding
the root device to the profile.

    lxc profile device add PROFILE root disk path=/ pool=default

If it tells you that you already have a "disk" device in the profile,
then just add the missing pool property to it:

    lxc profile device set PROFILE root pool default

--
Stéphane Graber
Ubuntu developer