[lxc-users] migrated to 2.9 but container gives "error: No storage pool specified"

Sjoerd sjoerd at sjomar.eu
Sat Feb 18 19:05:52 UTC 2017

I just migrated from lxd 2.8 to 2.9, but something screwed up.
Couldn't figure out what, but needed it up and running again, so
destroyed al zfs datasets and started clean. So far so good. Then I
started to move containers from another (working) LXD host to the fresh
one, but it gave me the error "error: No storage pool specified" and now
is stuck showing an ERROR in the lxc list output:

+------+-------+------+------+------------+-----------+
| NAME | STATE | IPV4 | IPV6 |    TYPE    | SNAPSHOTS |
+------+-------+------+------+------------+-----------+
| vpn  | ERROR |      |      | PERSISTENT |           |
+------+-------+------+------+------------+-----------+

I looked at the profiles in use for this one and indeed in the
privileged profile I used for the above, there wasn't any disk defined,
so I added the default profile on the working host and moved the
container again with a different name (otherwise I get the message that
it already exists). That worked fine, but now I am stuck with the vpn
container above which I can't remove with a "lxc delete vpn", cause it
results in the error :

error: No storage pool specified.

Anyone who has a clue how to get rid of it, please let me know...

Thanks in advance

Cheers,
Sjoerd