[lxc-users] Add default route to LXD 2.8 bridge

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Tue Feb 7 04:20:07 UTC 2017

I'd like to have LXD manage a host network aware bridge and it almost
works except for needing two extra manual "brctl addif" and "ip route
add default via" steps. Would some variation of this...

lxc network set lxdbr0 ipv4.routes (set default gw)

possibly work for a default route?

Alternatively is there some host side non-LXD systemd or ip-up like
triggers that could run the brctl and ip route commands when LXD brings
up whatever bridge it is managing?

I know I could use the standard networking system to provide a host
bridge and just tell LXD to use it but I'd prefer to let LXD itself
manage this bridge so I can use the LXD API to manage it, especially
on remote hosts.

~ lxc network show lxdbr0
config:
   dns.domain: xxxxxx.org