[lxc-users] lxc network command missing

Yonsy Solis yonsy.s.p at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 14:20:35 UTC 2017

On 02/06/2017 07:00 AM, Bruce j wrote:
> Good day,
>
> I have setup and installed a container on a Ubuntu 16 machine. Everything is normal with one exception,
> there is no "lxc network" command available. The container does get an IP address assigned to it, I have
> re-installed a couple times with the same result. I am not sure what I am doing to make this happen.
> Below is the list of commands available, I appreciate any help.

LXD in Xenial (Ubuntu 16.04) comes by default with the version 2.0.x.
The "network" command and all the new network management in LXD comes
from 2.3 version.
You can install LXD 2.8 now in Xenial in two ways:

1. Activate xenial-backports repository, see [1], and install this
version with "sudo apt install lxd/xenial-backports".
2. Add the Ubuntu linuxcontainers.org stable PPA [2] and install/upgrade
LXD from this.

My sugestion will be the first one, because this one will maintain the 5
years support with Ubuntu LTS policy.

[1] https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuBackports
[2] https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-lxc/+archive/ubuntu/stable

--