[lxc-users] Graceful Shutdown/Reboot

Brett 11 open_side111 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 6 13:36:03 UTC 2017

Hi guys. Forgive me if this question has been answered before. I couldn't find it..

When I shutdown/reboot the HOST, does LXC gracefully shutdown the containers and their services automatically? Or should they always be shutdown manually or via script before HOST shutdown/reboot?

I have a container running MySQL for example and have been using 'lxc-stop' before I shutdown the host. I really don't want to assume the host can gracefully shutdown the container & MySQL so it would be nice to know 'for sure'.

Thanks to all who can help!

Brett