[lxc-users] ?==?utf-8?q? ?==?utf-8?q? ?= "lxc network create" erro

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Tue Aug 1 11:47:59 UTC 2017

On Tuesday, August 01, 2017 19:49 JST, Sjoerd <sjoerd at sjomar.eu> wrote:

> >> I vote for feature, since dev is most likely a reserved word, since it's
> >> short for device in routing terms.
> > Unless someone has i.e. "prod" and "dev" environments.
> Unrelate imho. In this case you're trying to create a network, which
> implies routing commands under the hood, so than I find it logical that
> dev can't be used as name.

What spec defines that "dev" can't be used as a name in networking world?

I.e. this one works:

# ifconfig eth0:dev 1.2.3.4
# ifconfig eth0:prod 2.3.4.5

This will also work:

# ip addr add 10.1.2.3 dev eth0 label eth0:dev
# ip addr add 10.2.3.4 dev eth0 label eth0:prod

This one also works:

# brctl addbr prod
# brctl addbr dev
# brctl show
bridge name bridge id STP enabled interfaces
dev 8000.000000000000 no
prod 8000.000000000000 no

--
Tomasz Chmielewski