[lxc-users] LXD firewall container?

Spike spike at drba.org
Thu Apr 27 17:50:45 UTC 2017

after testing one of too many firewall solutions I went back to just
running plain ubuntu and then put an iptables "frontend" on top of it. In
my case I chose firehol, but there's a number of them and it's largely a
matter of taste/how you work. It really depends what you care for, if you
want an appliance kind of thing that won't work, as it doesn't come with
batteries included, ie a gui, graphs etc, but if you want a clean working
firehol without the hassle of managing rules yourself, then ubuntu + a fw
manager will do wonders and actually keeps things simpler ime.

hope that helps,

Spike