[lxc-users] how do you create an image from scratch?

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Wed Apr 26 21:40:27 UTC 2017

On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 10:11 PM, Spike <spike at drba.org> wrote:

> thank you Fajar and T.C.,
>
> your experience is very precious and the lxc template looks very good as a
> source of inspiration. I'll try commenting out everything in fstab and see
> what happens. Other pages I found like this one https://snikt.net/blog/
> 2014/03/22/convert-kvm-image-to-lxc-container/ suggested other steps as
> the creation of devices manually as udev is not supported in the container.
> I guess coming from KVM that will be taken care of, however I'm wondering
> if things like system-udevd needs to be adjusted for example.

Ubuntu has gone to great lengths to be usable as a container with
minimal-or-even-no-manual-customization required. Other distros, not so
much.

For example, debian stable, last time I tested, needs manual systemd
upgrade (e.g. from testing) to make it work correctly as unprivileged
container.

> Maybe the lxc template will clarify that.

Look for  configure_* function inside the template.

--
Fajar