[lxc-users] discuss.linuxcontainers.org experiment

Ron Kelley rkelleyrtp at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 20:01:41 UTC 2017

Stéphane,

Thanks for setting up the discussion group.  I just joined…

As a suggestion, it would be great if we could have an official “best practices” section supported/endorsed by the Canonical team.  Or, a section whereby people can contribute their designs and others can add their viewpoints.  I know many people use LXC/LXD for home/personal use, but many of use are using this technology in data center production environments.

Some ideas off the top of my head:
* How to manage tens/hundreds of LXD servers (single host, multi-host, or multi-geo locations)
* How to quickly find mis-behaving containers (consuming too much resources, etc)
* How to get container run-time stats per LXD server
* Best practices when backing up, restoring, cloning containers
* Best practices when deploying containers (same UID, different UID per container, etc)

As we adopt LXD more and more in our DC designs, it becomes increasingly important for our organization to leverage best practices from the industry experts.

Thanks,

-Ron