[lxc-users] unprivilaged lxc invalid pid for SIGCHLD in Ubuntu 16.04.02

Ivan Ogai lxc-users at ogai.name
Tue Apr 25 11:57:22 UTC 2017

First of all I would like to express my admiration for LXC.

On two computers of mine, when I start a container, the init process
doesn't finish and I cannot shutdown the computer anymore.

IMHO it is serious because it has happen in two different Intel
computers with a basic installation of Ubuntu 16.04 and the logs seem
not helpful.

I have reported all details I have been asked for at
https://github.com/lxc/lxc/issues/1496 although the issue is marked as
incomplete.

If no expert can have a look at it on the next 7 days and guide me on
how to help to find out the culprit, I will also reinstall Ubuntu on my
second computer, which is the only way I have to fix the issue.

Ivan