[lxc-users] LXD 2.12 - VXLAN configuration connected to eth1

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Sun Apr 23 20:18:10 UTC 2017

Hi,

VXLAN in multicast mode (as is used in your case), when no multicast
address is specified will be using 239.0.0.1.

This means that whatever route you have to reach "239.0.0.1" will be
used by the kernel for the VXLAN tunnel, or so would I expect.

Does:
 ip -4 route add 239.0.0.1 dev eth1

Cause the VXLAN traffic to now use eth1?

If it doesn't, then that'd suggest that the multicast VXLAN interface
does in fact get tied to a particular parent interface and we should
therefore add an option to LXD to let you choose that interface.

Stéphane