[lxc-users] change 'lxc [cmd]' to 'lxd [comd]' (for LXD)

Simos Xenitellis simos.lists at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 18 09:57:38 UTC 2017

On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 11:34 AM, gunnar.wagner
<gunnar.wagner at netcologne.de> wrote:
> just saw it again ....
>
> 'lxc-[cmd]'   (LXC Containers)   vs
> 'lxc [cmd]'   (LXD Containers)
>
> it would be so much less confusing whether LXD would just use   'lxd [cmd]'
> instead of   'lxc [cmd]'   syntax
>
> - Am I (being a total novice and all) alone with this thought?
> - any benefit from the current   'lxc [cmd]'   command syntax for LXD
> containers?
>
> just wondering. Maybe it's an age-old discussion here but as someone diving
> new into this ... it hits you right in the face

I think the issue here is this, is there any growing interest in LXC1
(those lxc-[cmd] commands)?
LXD/LXC is more usable than legacy LXC (i.e. LXC1).

You allude that you are new to this. Perhaps the real problem is that
the documentation for LXD/LXC
should get better so that when you google for Linux Containers, you
get new LXD/LXC tutorials and material.

Simos