[lxc-users] LXD 2.0.x Networking

Gabriel Marais gabriel.j.marais at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 12:54:22 UTC 2017

Hi Guys

I am trying to setup my container bridge in such a way that it makes
part of my LAN.

On my host, I have no IP Address assigned on the physical interface.
Created a bridge, br1priv, and assigned a static IP Address
172.16.24.2/26 to that bridge. My gateway is 172.16.24.1

During LXD init, I specified my br1priv as the bridge to be used for
containers, and DHCP range 172.16.24.2 - 172.16.24.62

The container is getting an IP from dnsmasq in the correct range, but
the default gateway seems to be 172.16.24.2 (the host server ip) and not
172.16.24.1

How do I get the default gateway to be 172.16.24.1 in this case, or is
there another way to make this setup better?

--

Regards

Gabriel Marais

Office: +27 861 466 546 x 7001
Mobile: +27 83 663 2222
Mail: gabriel.j.marais at gmail.com

Unit 11, Ground Floor, Berkley Office Park
Cnr Bauhinia & Witch Hazel Str,
Highveld, Centurion, South-Africa
0157

PO Box 15846, Lyttelton, South Africa, 0140