[lxc-users] lxc exec comand, redirecting

Ingo Baab ib at baab.de
Sun Apr 9 22:03:34 UTC 2017

Hello lxc-users,

Inside a Linuxcontainer I use:

     root at container ~ $ ssh vps270841.ovh.net tar czf -
/var/www/website.com/htdocs | tar xzpf - -C/

to get a tar archive from another remote server by ssh and extract it
inside the container, works fine.
But how can I achieve the same from the host system? I tried different
things, but no success.

I tried it with:

     root at host ~ $ lxc exec container -- ssh vps7456.ovh.net 'tar czf -
/var/www/website.com/htdocs' | tar xzpf - -C/

but this pipe 'goes' to the host system :( Is there another possibility
with `lxc push -` - or any sugestion from you?

Thank you in advance for any hint.
Ingo Baab