[lxc-users] basic understanding - clarification sought

gunnar.wagner gunnar.wagner at netcologne.de
Sat Apr 8 02:47:12 UTC 2017

hi everybody,

I am a novice to LXC/LXD and am trying to get a basic understanding
together. I have grasped some things which I am not sure about whether I
got them wrong or write.
Maybe this groups is able and willing to confirm or set things straight
for me

 1.

    if you run LXD the lxc commands used are different from the lxc
    commands used when running 'bare' lxc (for example 'lxc list'   vs
    'lxc-ls --fancy')?

 2.

    LXD runs on the Apache License 2.0 (same as Docker engine) so it
    could happen the same thing to lxd (being divided into Community vc
    Enterprise Edition) any time (legally speaking. Who would be the
    force to decide on such a move? Canonical? Is there any intention to
    make such a move at any point in time?

 3.

    an LXC container behaves more like a VM then a docker or rkt
    container does (machine- vs app-container), correct? Is it also
    larger in size?

thanks for clarifying

Gunnar