[lxc-users] lxc 2.0.7: sysvinit on the host breaks systemd based containers

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Mon Apr 3 06:32:48 UTC 2017

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 12:03 PM, Harald Dunkel <harri at afaics.de> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> using sysvinit-core on the host the systemd based containers get
> stuck in /sbin/init. lxc-attach shows:
>
> root at lxcclient:~# ps -ef
> UID        PID  PPID  C STIME TTY          TIME CMD
> root         1     0  0 11:49 ?        00:00:00 /sbin/init
> root        24     0  0 12:05 pts/0    00:00:00 /bin/bash
> root        26    24  0 12:05 pts/0    00:00:00 ps -ef
>
> This host uses lxc 2.0.7, as it can be found in Jessie backports. See
> below for a list of installed packages. The container was created
> on the same host.
>
> I am bound to sysvinit-core on my HA systems. For lxc 1.1.5 there was
> no such problem, so I wonder if there is a workaround on the host?
>

> Every helpful comment is highly appreciated.

I don't have a jessie system handy right now, but here's some things you
can try:
(1) make sure your container is privileged. This will at least help isolate
some problems.
(2) start the container in foreground, i.e. 'lxc-start -f ...'. Take note
of where it has problems
(3) make sure you create the container using the download template, not the
debian template

--
Fajar