[lxc-users] can't run “glxgears” in root on lxc 2.0 container

Marat Khalili mkh at rqc.ru
Thu Sep 22 07:38:01 UTC 2016

On 19/09/16 21:40, manik sheeri wrote:

> However, after that I enter root mode via `sudo su` command.
> And try to run glxgears, but I get the following error:
>
>     No protocol specified
>     Error: couldn't open display :0.0
>
> Not sure why this error is coming. If user `ubuntu` runs x apps fine ,
> I expected root to do the same.

I saw this kind of error on a non-containerized machine. Try running
glxgears the following way:
> HOME=/home/Ubuntu glxgears
Replace /home/Ubuntu with home directory of a user for which it is
working. I don't know the proper fix, but it works as a workaround for
me. Probably something related to X server authorization.

--

With Best Regards,
Marat Khalili