[lxc-users] ustuehler's lxc-desktop package

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Fri Sep 2 20:00:46 UTC 2016

Hey all,
I haven't checked lately, but last I looked, some elbow grease was
required to run an X server inside a container.
I just ran across https://github.com/ustuehler/lxc-desktop
which has the comment "I wonder if it would be possible to polish and
contribute this functionality to the lxc-templates package. The really
important bit is simply the device cloning script which runs at
container startup. While on the far end of my todo list now, I would
happily join in the effort. :)"

There's even an issue in his issue tracker,
https://github.com/ustuehler/lxc-desktop/issues/8
suggesting he contact this list.
(And another issue asking if he could get it working with lxd.)

Has anyone had a look to see if this could be folded in to lxc/lxd
somehow to reduce the pain of getting
X servers running inside containers?