[lxc-users] LXD init in Puppet issue

Tardif, Christian christian.tardif at servinfo.ca
Fri Oct 28 19:35:54 UTC 2016

Hi,

Maybe this would ring a bell to someone....

I'm in the process of deploying some LXD servers. In our company, we try
to puppetize everything we can. Same story for LXD servers.

My issue is that when I try to run lxd init ......  --storage-backend
zfs, it fails, returning

Notice: /Stage[main]/Nhs_lxd/Exec[lxd init]/returns: error: The
requested backend 'zfs' isn't available on your system (missing tools).

But when I run my command manually, it runs perfectly. And in order to
prove that I have the zfs tools installed, I have a zfs pool up and
running in that box:

zpool list
NAME   SIZE  ALLOC   FREE  EXPANDSZ   FRAG    CAP  DEDUP  HEALTH
ALTROOT
lxd   79.5G   272K  79.5G         -     0%     0%  1.00x  ONLINE  -

Any clue?

--
CHRISTIAN TARDIF