[lxc-users] Something catastrophic just happened to LXC networking

Saint Michael venefax at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 15:57:43 UTC 2016

​Since the last update to Ubuntu, now I cannot ping or ssh into any
container, from the same network. It seems the packets go to the router​,
for I can ping and communicate to the containers from outside my network.
This problem did not happen until a few days ago.

My networking at the container level is:

lxc.network.type=macvlan
lxc.network.macvlan.mode=bridge
lxc.network.link=eth0
lxc.network.name = eth1
lxc.network.flags=up
lxc.network.hwaddr = mac.add.re.ss
lxc.network.ipv4 = 0.0.0.0/24

​on the host, the interface eth0 is also used by the host, but I tried with
another interface which is UP but it has no IP, and it still does not allow
me to reach my containers, in fact taking my business down since I execute
a lot of stuff remotely.
Any idea?

​