[lxc-users] building lxd from source

FĂ©lix Archambault fel.archambault at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 15:04:44 UTC 2016

Hi there,

 I'have been attempting to use lxd on centos 7.2.1511 (kernel
 3.10.0-327.36.2). I builded lxd successfully from source  after
 installation of lxc and  lxc-devel distro pkgs (which are lxc 1.x
releases)...

 Every aspects of lxd works except launching containters. I don't need to
enforce
 cgroups limits for now and i could just use priv containers. Is cgmanager
mandatory?

 Building from source guide recommends liblxc >= 2.0. Do i get this by
simply
 building lxc 2.x from source? Do i absolutly need lxc 2.x to work with lxd
2.x? Is lxd backward compatible? Since lxc 1.x is there and works fine by
itself...

 I'd gladly update 'building from source documentation' with your
precisions...

 FYI, first error from `lxc info --show-log local:c1` output is
 lxc_start - start.c:must_drop_cap_sys_boot:567 - failed to clone
(0x30000011):
   Invalid argument (includes CLONE_NEWUSER)

Also launching with "lxc launch centos6  c1 -c security.privileged=true"
yields
"error: Failed to set LXC config: lxc.mount.auto=proc:mixed sys:mixed
cgroup:mixed'

Thanks to shed any light...

--
Felix Archambault