[lxc-users] upgrade lxc1 to lxc2/lxd

Robert Gierzinger Robert.Gierzinger at hpc.at
Mon May 30 09:51:05 UTC 2016

Hi,

We got new hardware so I wanted to transfer the containers from our old servers using 1.0 and 1.1 to our new hardware.
I created tarballs from the rootfs and a dummy metadata.yml. So we have the template "testing", and a "lxc launch testing testing2" brought an error "error: open /var/lib/lxd/containers/testing2/templates/upstart-override.tpl: no such file or directory"
Previously copying the file to that location results in a "error: The container already exists"
We use Ubuntu 14.04 (amd64) and the new hardware Ubuntu 16.04 (amd64).

Is there a suggested way I haven't found to migrate the containers from 1.X to 2.0?

TIA,
Robert