[lxc-users] LXD containers lose outbound network

david.andel at bli.uzh.ch david.andel at bli.uzh.ch
Sun May 29 06:30:08 UTC 2016

Hi

My LXD has the following network configuration:

root at qumind:~# egrep -v '(^#|^$)' /etc/default/lxd-bridge
USE_LXD_BRIDGE="true"
LXD_BRIDGE="lxdbr0"
UPDATE_PROFILE="true"
LXD_CONFILE=""
LXD_DOMAIN="lxd"
LXD_IPV4_ADDR="10.0.8.1"
LXD_IPV4_NETMASK="255.255.255.0"
LXD_IPV4_NETWORK="10.0.8.0/24"
LXD_IPV4_DHCP_RANGE="10.0.8.2,10.0.8.254"
LXD_IPV4_DHCP_MAX="253"
LXD_IPV4_NAT="true"
LXD_IPV6_ADDR=""
LXD_IPV6_MASK=""
LXD_IPV6_NETWORK=""
LXD_IPV6_NAT="false"
LXD_IPV6_PROXY="false"

And the network works fine at first. However, after some time outbound connections fail, while inbound connections continue working.
It affects all LXD containers.

And it is not enough to just run

root at qumind:~# service lxd-bridge stop
Job for lxd-bridge.service canceled.
root at qumind:~# service lxd restart

while the containers are running. The behaviour stays the same.

I have to stop the containers first, then restart the LXD bridge and start the containers again.
Only then the outbound connections work again - until I have to restart it all again.

What could be the culprit?

Thanks

PS:
To stop all running containers I am using
for i in $(lxc list | grep RUNNING | awk -F'|' '{print $2}' | tr -d [:blank:]); do lxc stop $i; done
I think it would be convenient to be able to just say
lxc stop all