[lxc-users] Build v8 in container

Caleb Everett caleb at calebeverett.io
Fri May 27 22:52:25 UTC 2016

Thanks for the response. I was running it as root in an unprivileged
container. I tried changing the ownership of a single file to the uid:gid
in the error and got a similar error. It wasn't actually the build it was
on the gclient sync.

I added the "o" flag to the extract line here:
https://github.com/v8/v8/blob/5749d710bc73ef40f9b9e8b94ec290e0412d3f57/third_party/binutils/download.py#L91

and that worked, but then ran into another snag, similar to this one:

I ended up bailing on the build from source and installing libv8 from this
repo: https://launchpad.net/~pinepain/+archive/ubuntu/libv8-5.2