[lxc-users] Error while trying to create/start unprivilege containers/ Bug report ?

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Fri May 13 21:29:31 UTC 2016

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 9:30 PM, Rémy Dernat <remy.d1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Fajar,
>
> Thank you for your detailed answer. However, I searched a solution a
> little bit today, and I am still stuck.
>
> For "userpace", I meant "userspace", of course. Sorry for mistyped.
>

> Here are what I checked:
>
> LXC tests in userspace
>
> 1. [VirtualBox] Fresh Ubuntu 14.04.2 server amd64
>     creation OK, starting not OK
>     without cgmanager, with libpam-systemd

Don't bother with older version (e.g. 14.04.2). Lxc is a fast moving target

> 2. [VirtualBox] Fresh Ubuntu 14.04.4 amd64 Desktop ( from
> http://releases.ubuntu.com/14.04/ )
>     same behaviour as above.
> 3. Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS, Trusty Tahr [bare metal]
>     Created through a basic FAI template + post-configure with SaltStack
>     creation not OK, starting not OK (report from first mail)
>     without cgmanager, with libpam-systemd

The presence of libpam-systemd suggests you still use lxc-1.x. I'd suggest
NOT to use that if you intend to use unpriv containers. To be accurate, it
should work fine for privileged containers (i.e. created and started by
root). But for unpriv containers, you'd need lxcfs (and probably some other
manual setup)

Stick with the ppa for 14.04, and use lxc-2. If you still have
libpam-systemd installed, remove it.

      lxc-start 20160513133526.251 ERROR    lxc_cgfsng -
> cgfsng.c:do_secondstage_mounts_if_needed:1289 - Operation not permitted -
> Error remounting /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/lxc/sys/fs/cgroup/systemd
> read-only

I assume you also use the download template, copying the howto? Did you
have lxcfs installed?

The information you gave me about /proc/self/cgroup is helpful, however I
> can not have the correct file at any point (for a lxc user).

Before running lxc-start, run 'cat /proc/sellf/cgroup'

--
Fajar