[lxc-users] lxc stop does not stop a CentOS 7 container

Hans Deragon hans at deragon.biz
Mon May 9 13:37:40 UTC 2016

Greetings,

I have a similar problem with Xenial, though I have not found any
solution (I am not familiar with systemd and the solution provided for
CentOS does not apply to Xenial).

I created a few days ago a new container on an updated Ubuntu Trusty
Thar 14.04 LTS host using the following command:

  lxc launch images:ubuntu/xenial/amd64 server1

Now, it hangs when I run:

  lxc stop server1

This problem was reported at https://github.com/lxc/lxd/issues/1570 [3]

What puzzles me, is that stopping a container is such a basic feature
that I am surprise to find that it is not being addressed. Both Trusty
and Xenial are now out and production ready, yet one cannot stop a
Xenial container. Are we the only one that have this problem? Should I
open a new bug report or can someone open this one again since it is not
fixed?

Best regards,
Hans Deragon

On 2016-05-06 13:14, Hiroaki Nakamura wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was trying lxc on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and found out that
> lxc stop does not stop a CentOS 7 container.
>
> I ran the following commands.
>
> lxc image copy images:/centos/7/amd64 local: --alias=cent7
> lxc launch cent7 cent01
> lxc stop cent01
> ^ This does not stop the cent01 container even after one minute,
> so I pressed Control-C to kill this command.
>
> I found a workaround at
> https://lists.linuxcontainers.org/pipermail/lxc-users/2014-February/006304.html
> [1]
>
> Here is a command to fix.
> lxc exec cent01 -- sh -c 'ln -s /usr/lib/systemd/system/halt.target
> /etc/systemd/system/sigpwr.target && systemctl daemon-reload'
>
> After this fix, the container is stopped immediately with
> lxc stop cent01
>
> I would like to this fix to be included in the original image.
> How can I contact the maintainers of container images?
>
> Here are versions of lxc and CentOS 7 image.
>
> $ lxc version
> 2.0.0
>
> $ lxc image list cent
> | ALIAS | FINGERPRINT | PUBLIC | DESCRIPTION |
> ARCH | SIZE | UPLOAD DATE |

Links:
------
[1]