[lxc-users] lxc progress and a few questions

jjs - mainphrame jjs at mainphrame.com
Wed Mar 30 06:17:26 UTC 2016

Well, I've found some interesting things here today. I created a couple of
privileged xenial containers, and sure enough, I was able to live migrate
them back and forth between the 2 lxd hosts.

So far, so good.

Then I did an apt upgrade - among the changes was a kernel change from
 4.4.0-15 to 4.4.0-16 - and live migration stopped working.

Here are the failure messages that resulted from attempting the very same
live migrations that worked before the upgrade and reboot into 4.4.0-16:

root at raskolnikov:~# lxc move akira lxd2:
error: Error transferring container data: checkpoint failed:
(00.092234) Error (mount.c:740): mnt: 83:./sys/fs/cgroup/devices doesn't
have a proper root mount
(00.098187) Error (cr-dump.c:1600): Dumping FAILED.

root at ronnie:~# lxc move third lxd:
error: Error transferring container data: checkpoint failed:
(00.076107) Error (mount.c:740): mnt: 326:./sys/fs/cgroup/perf_event
doesn't have a proper root mount
(00.080388) Error (cr-dump.c:1600): Dumping FAILED.

Jake

PS - Thanks for the html mail heads-up - I've been using google mail
services for this domain. I'll have to look into the config options, and
see if I can do the needful.