[lxc-users] lxc progress and a few questions

Andrey Repin anrdaemon at yandex.ru
Tue Mar 29 19:45:35 UTC 2016

Greetings, jjs - mainphrame!

>> On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 08:47:24PM -0700, jjs - mainphrame wrote:
 >>> I've looked at ct migration between 2 ubuntu 16.04 hosts today, and had
 >>> some interesting problems;  I find that migration of stopped containers
 >>> works fairly reliably; but live migration, well, it transfers a lot of
 >>> data, then exits with a failure message. I can then move the same
 >>> container, stopped, with no problem.
 >>>
 >>> The error is the same every time, a failure of "mkdtemp" -
>>
>>  It looks like your host /tmp isn't writable by the uid map that the
>>  container is being restored as?

> Which is odd, since /tmp has 1777 perms on both hosts, so I don't see how
> it could be a permissions problem. Surely the default apparmor profile is
> not the cause? You did give me a new idea though, and I'll set up a test
> with privileged containers for comparison. Is there a switch to enable verbose logging?

I've ran into the same issue once. Stumbled upon it for nearly a month, falsely
blaming LXC.
Recreating a container's rootfs from scratch resolved the issue.
I know not of what caused it to begin with, must've been some kind of glitch.

P.S.
It would be great if you can configure your mail client to not use HTML format
for lists.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin