[lxc-users] lxc progress and a few questions

jjs - mainphrame jjs at mainphrame.com
Sun Mar 27 01:11:27 UTC 2016

As a long time fan of openvz, I'm impressed with how far lxc has come in
the past couple of years, and particularly impressed with how well lxd
"just works", particularly with the default unprivileged containers.

I'm looking to put lxd through it's paces, and set up a couple of dedicated
machines to that end. Obviously Ubuntu 16.04 is going to be the platform
for this, but beyond that, are specific filesystem layouts recommended for
full functionality? I've read that btrfs (or zfs) are recommended for
optimum functionality of certain features.

Live container migration is the killer feature for me, but as far as I can
tell it's not yet possible with any stock distro. Is there a published
feature list showing which features are already implemented, which are in
progress, which are not yet started, etc?

I'm guessing that live migration should be ready to go by the time the 9/12
article comes out...

All hints and suggestions welcome -

Regards,

Jake