[lxc-users] LXD Newb questions

Will Dennis wdennis at nec-labs.com
Tue Mar 15 16:19:57 UTC 2016

(Pointers to existing documentation that I haven’t found yet gratefully appreciated ;)

A few questions from one new to LXD (and pretty new to LXC in general…)

1) We[1] have an existing implementation of LXC hosts (lxc 1.0.x) running ’n’ containers per host. There does not seem to be an overarching multi-host management tool for LXC 1.x; is there such a thing in LXC/LXD 2.0? WebUI would be great, but TUI/CLI is fine.
2) Can containers created with LXC 1.0 be migrated over to LXD management? If so, are there any instructions for doing so?
3) I hear live migration is a thing with LXD, but from reading the mailing list threads (Feb/Mar 2016) I think it’s not quite ready for prime time… Can someone confirm/deny this, and if not ready yet, can anyone give me an estimate on availability (we’d be deploying on 16.04 once that is released.)

Thanks!
Will