[lxc-users] ArchLinux images on images.linuxcontainers.org

Leonid Isaev leonid.isaev at jila.colorado.edu
Fri Mar 11 23:01:55 UTC 2016

On Sat, Mar 12, 2016 at 01:39:21AM +0300, Artyom Aleksyuk wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I've found that there's no ArchLinux images on images.linuxcontainers.org.
> Arch is a pretty popular distro with a mainly fresh software. Sometimes you
> need to have a newest version (not yet packaged in repos) of several
> programs on your Ubuntu machine, and using Arch container is one of the
> easiest and cleanest ways to solve this problem.

FYI, Arch provides official rootfs images, see
http://mirrors.kernel.org/archlinux/iso/2016.03.01/ .

You don't need any images or templates because those are mostly about devices
and root password. However, Arch uses systemd and runs inside LXC without any
configuration, so you unpack the image, chroot into it and do a minimal config.
Assuming that you have already lxc config in place, of course.

Cheers,
--
Leonid Isaev
GPG fingerprints: DA92 034D B4A8 EC51 7EA6  20DF 9291 EE8A 043C B8C4