[lxc-users] Failing to create & start container based on busybox template

Gujulan Elango, Hari Prasath (H.) hgujulan at visteon.com
Thu Mar 3 11:32:26 UTC 2016

Dear All,

I am trying to create a container based on the busybox template. I am facing the following error

root at xxx:~# lxc-create -n my-bb -t /usr/share/lxc/templates/lxc-busybox
setting root password to "root"
Failed to change root password
'dropbear' ssh utility installed

Even if i ignore the above error & try to start the container, I am getting the following errors.

root at xxx:~# lxc-start -n my-bb -F
lxc-start: utils.c: open_without_symlink: 1575 No such file or directory - Error examining sysrq-trigger in /usr/lib/lxc/rootfs/proc/sysrq-trigger
lxc-start: utils.c: open_without_symlink: 1575 No such file or directory - Error examining sysrq-trigger in /usr/lib/lxc/rootfs/proc/sysrq-trigger
init: applet not found
lxc-start: lxc_start.c: main: 344 The container failed to start.
lxc-start: lxc_start.c: main: 348 Additional information can be obtained by setting the --logfile and --logpriority options.

Is there anything that I am missing. Any help would be much appreciated ?

Thanks & Regards,

Hari Prasath