[lxc-users] Failing to create & start container based on busybox template

Gujulan Elango, Hari Prasath (H.) hgujulan at visteon.com
Thu Mar 3 12:40:37 UTC 2016

Update:

After compiling busbox with static linking & enabling the init applet, I am able to start the container. But as before,when creating the container using lxc-create, I am getting the same error i.e.  Failed to change the root password.

Because of this, after I start the container, it's prompting for the login. If I give root, then its throwing the following error & always ends up with the login prompt.

        getty: tty1: can't execute '/bin/login'

I assume if I fix the error when executing 'lxc-create', this should also be gone. Also, when I start the container as foreground process using the -F option, it ends up with the console without any login prompts. However, I am am not able to quit from the console.

Any inputs ?

Thanks & Regards,

Hari Prasath