[lxc-users] XenServer Host with tools breaks LXD

KD Pawson kdp at ausinfotech.net
Fri Jun 3 05:15:53 UTC 2016

Hi All

I have a few XenServer (Citrix XenServer) host servers running Ubuntu guests fine, however I can’t run LXD containers when the XenServer Guest Tools are installed. If I build a new Ubuntu Server either 14.04 and 16.04 and install LXD everything works really well until I install the XenServer tools. The containers will not start at all once the XenTools have been installed.

I can run Docker containers on a Ubuntu guest vm with XenTools installed just fine it doesn’t have this issue.

Attached is the lxc info output after trying to start a container with XenTools installed.

If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it as running the Guest VM server without XenTools is not ideal.

Thanks
Keith