[lxc-users] lxc exec / list: x509: certificate has expired or is not yet valid

Andrey Repin anrdaemon at yandex.ru
Thu Jun 2 15:27:32 UTC 2016

Greetings, Tomasz Chmielewski!

>>> So... what is the correct procedure to update the certificate on LXD
>>> server and make sure it's still accepted by LXD clients?
>>
>> I would go a long route and set up my own CA.
>> Though, I actually did that already...
>>
>> Alternative is to make yourself a certificate though third-party CA,
>> like
>> Let's Encrypt.

> Well, it seems that LXD is fine with self-signed certificates as well.
> Which is OK with me.

LXD itself, may be.
But your clients?
You'd need to tell them somehow, that your self-signed certificate has
changed.
I've found that properly issued certificates are way easier to manage.

> The whole process could be designed a bit better :)

Well, LXD is relatively new, and your report will surely count towards its
improvement!

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin