[lxc-users] LXD default NS mappings

david.andel at bli.uzh.ch david.andel at bli.uzh.ch
Wed Jan 27 16:09:52 UTC 2016

Hi

I have noticed that LXD uses some UIDs/GIDs by default I haven't set up and which aren't represented in /etc/sub[ug]id files.
Interestingly, they are different from instance to instance: one one root is mapped on 1'000'000 (not 100'000), on another it's 265'536.
Now when I copy the rootfs of a container offline between different LXD or LXC instances according to http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33377916/migrating-lxc-to-lxd doesn't the UID/GID mapping need to be the same?
If not, why not?

Thanks!