[lxc-users] Networking issues with LXC containers in EC2

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Tue Jan 12 02:55:08 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 6:31 AM, Peter Steele <pwsteele at gmail.com> wrote:
> From what I've read, I understand that Amazon has implemented some
> special/restricted behavior for the networking stack of EC2 instances. The
> question I have is whether I can accomplish what I've attempted here,
> specifically, can I access a LXC container hosted on one EC2 instance
> directly from another EC2 instance or from another LXC container hosted on
> another EC2 instance?

You might want to ask them first. Looks like it's only available for
VPC setup: http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/using-eni.html#AvailableIpPerENI

If they do allow multiple IP address, then the next step is to check
whether they allow multiple MACs (which is what you get when you use
bridge). There's a workaround for this if the ONLY limitation is the
MAC, using proxyarp.

--
Fajar