[lxc-users] docker in lxc

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com
Mon Jan 11 17:22:27 UTC 2016

Quoting Tamas Papp (tompos at martos.bme.hu):

> On 01/07/2016 07:28 PM, Serge Hallyn wrote:
> >I've been playing with docker in lxd containers under cgroup namespaces.
> >There are still a few things to tweak, but it mostly works.
>
> What settings or steps does it require?

I've got a few patches to runc/docker to take care of most of it.  When those
are merged, you'll need

1. a cgroup-namespace kernel (and the ubuntu unprivileged overlay kernel)
   I should probably put these in a ppa.
2. the overlay docker driver
3. hide apparmor (echo 0 > aa; mount --bind aa /sys/module/apparmor/paramaters/enabled)
4. probably rm $base_image/dev/shm because of a kernel bug which i'm hoping we fix
soon

> # docker daemon --storage-driver=aufs
> FATA[0000] Error starting daemon: error initializing graphdriver:
> driver not supported

Yeah use overlay.  btrfs may work.