[lxc-users] Create unprivileged container - debian jessie on debian jessi

Stanislav Lorenc stanislav.lorenc at cernovice.net
Fri Feb 19 08:48:17 UTC 2016

Hello,

i create unprivileged container in debian jessie distro with command:
lxc-create -n test -t download -B zfs -- -d debian -r jessie -a amd64
I use debian jessie distro.

Command exit with error : ERROR: Couldn't find a matching image.:

Well. I went to download template and locate wget command which download
file
https://images.linuxcontainers.org//meta/1.0/index-user.1
In this file is missing template for debian jessie.
I list images dir on linuxcontainer and debian/jessie is contanied in
https://images.linuxcontainers.org//meta/1.0/index-user

Ok. I set manually DOWNLOAD_COMPAT_LEVEL=1 to 0 and run lxc-create again
and jessie contaner was created.
There is missing explanation for this variable. What does it mean ?

I think - make manually updates in distro files is not good idea.
Do i something wrong when i create debian/jessie unprivileged container ?

Best Regards,

Stanislav Lorenc