[lxc-users] LXD Live Migration: error - must have criu 1.9 or greater

John Dupont johnd568 at outlook.com
Wed Feb 10 19:41:29 UTC 2016

Hello,

I am trying to live migrate a container, following the steps described at: https://insights.ubuntu.com/2015/05/06/live-migration-in-lxd/

However, when I execute the migrate command, I obtain an error:
# lxc move migratee lxd2:migratee
error: Error transferring container data: checkpoint failed:
checkpoint failed

When checking the log file (/var/log/lxd/migratee/lxc.log), I see the following line:
lxc [...] ERROR    lxc_criu - criu.c:criu_version_ok:348 - must have criu 1.9 or greater to checkpoint/restore

The machine (Ubuntu 14.04) is running criu version 1.7.2, and on the criu webpage (https://criu.org/Main_Page), the latest version appears to be version 1.8. However, the error suggests a more recent version 1.9 to be required. Would you know where I can find version 1.9 of criu? Or is the failure caused by something else?

Thank you,

John