[lxc-users] lxc insttability

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Fri Feb 19 10:58:34 UTC 2016

On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 5:41 PM, Bostjan Skufca <bostjan at a2o.si> wrote:

> I had similar experience using CentOS 7 as host.
>
> I did not investigate it yet, but for some reason veth network interfaces
> were not being destroyed when containers stopped, and this could only be
> seen with "brctl show" as more interfaces were attached to a bridge than
> there were containers running. The effect was that multiple network
> interfaces with the same MAC were attached to the bridge and successful
> connections were, well, sporadic.
>
> On the first inspection it only happened to some containers that had
> explicit mounts from outside (unconfirmed!, just a hunch for now).

I use a workaround:

# ls -la /etc/lxc/script/net-down
-rwxr-xr-x 1 197623 197121 36 Apr 27  2015 /etc/lxc/script/net-down

# cat /etc/lxc/script/net-down
#!/bin/bash
/sbin/ip link del "$5"

# grep script /var/lib/lxc/rdp/config
lxc.network.script.down = /etc/lxc/script/net-down

The correct interface name is passed as argument to script executed
by lxc.network.script.down.

--
Fajar