[lxc-users] ubuntu containers on fedora host

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Thu Feb 11 04:56:01 UTC 2016

On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 6:57 AM, Király, István <laking at d250.hu> wrote:

> Hello list, ...
>
> As described I'm running the latest fedora hosts, that is fedora 23
> (server, 64bit).
> When starting ubuntu cloud containers, it takes approx 100 seconds to
> start, compared to fedora containers that only need 2-3 seconds to start.
> Is there a way to speed that up?

My first suggestion would be "use ubuntu host, it should just work" :)

Having said that, more details like "what lxc-related packages and versions
installed" would help, as well as "what you see when you run the container
in the foreground with 'lxc-start -F'"

Also, why did you use ubuntu cloud template? The download template (where
you can choose various distros and versions) should be more suitable for
most purposes.

FWIW, I've run ubuntu trusty containers (using download template) on
centos6 host (yes, the ancient one, with 2.6.32 kernel)
with lxc-2.0.0.beta2 (./configure;make rpm). There's some manual
modifications required, and it's obviously not as secure as on ubuntu host
(e.g. no apparmor on c6), but at least it works and starts quickly.

--
Fajar