[lxc-users] move from LXC (custom templates) to LXD

Flo florian.engelmann at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 10:38:57 UTC 2016

Dear list,

since mid 2014 we are using LXC (ubuntu 14.04) in production
(currently about 400 containers for many different customers). As we
are very customer-oriented we created custom LXC templates to satisfy
our customers needs. Those templates are based on the lxc-ubuntu
template. With 16.04 we wanna be able to use LXD with live migration.
As we've got a company policy to host all software we do use in-house
we have to create our own LXD image server. Is there any documentation
about how to do so? How to create those images?

Thank you for your support,
Flo